Dear Valued Customers and Suppliers,
The spread of the COVID-19 Coronavirus continues to dominate the news with major implications for public health and the NHS. We are monitoring developments closely and have put in place sensible measures to ensure that we are well prepared, in the meantime its business as usual.
We want to reassure you that in respect of the spread of COVID-19 outbreak we are focused on the health and welfare of our customers, suppliers and employees.
Some of the specific actions that we have taken are:
- We have placed notices at our reception entrances stating that drivers and visitors who are experiencing any of the following symptoms; cough (new or constant), high temperature above 37.8 C and shortness of breath are not allowed to enter our site.
- If a visiting driver is presenting any of the afore mentioned symptoms GMA will notify their employer and require that driver does not return to our sites within the next 14 days.
- We have temporarily cancelled all client and supplier meetings and asked staff and contractors not to shake hands and to maintain appropriate social distancing to avoid unnecessary contact.
- All staff will be required to have their temperature taken every morning when they come in to work. Anyone presenting with a raised temperature over 37.8 C will be asked to go home with immediate effect.
- We have introduced increased hygiene measures and have issued our drivers with disposable gloves and masks for use where and when appropriate.
- We have opened a new operations centre 1 mile away from our current offices and will be moving some staff over to create some social distancing in our operations. Members of staff that are able to are also working from home. Members of staff working from home and from Leslie Road will be available on their mobile phones and contact numbers are available on their respective email signatures.
- We remain operational and will endeavour to do so as best we can as supply chains remain of critical importance during this period of uncertainty. However, we are closely monitoring and will follow governmental guidelines which may affect our services due to reduced staff levels. We will also continue to update this document as government guidelines change.
- No matter what happens, our security measures and procedures will remain in place so your goods will always be secure.
We thank you for your continued support of GMA and we will do everything we can to support your business through these uncertain times. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me or Tony Barnes, Managing Director. (email@example.com)
Jay Kamat (firstname.lastname@example.org)